Spinning Reel Maintenance
To make your spinning reel last, a fisherman must know how to maintain their spinning reel. A spinning reel can take a lot of abuse but will not last if it is not properly maintained. Since spring fishing season will be here in a few weeks, why not take the time to make your reel feel like it did when it came right out of the box. Here are a few tips to make your reel cast like new again.
- Be sure to use reel lubricants recommended by manufacturer of reel and follow their directions for taking apart your reel.
- As you remove parts from the reel, have something specifically to put them in like an egg carton or paper plate with sections. Some of these parts are very tiny and hard to see if not placed on a light colored background.
- Add just enough reel lubricant to the exposed gear. If too much is added, this will cause more problems for the gear.
- If fishing in saltwater, it is best to clean your reel after every use. Cleaning your reel will protect it from the corrosive effects of salt water.
- After reel has been cleaned, store it in a dust free environment.
Follow these tips, and you’ll be ready for action. Happy Fishing!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.