Live-Bait Fishing Tips for Pike
- If fishing for a 10 lb pike, you need to find baitfish that are 8 to 12 inches long.
- Chub, golden shriner, sucker, smelt or ciscoes are excellent choices for live bait.
- Using your baitcasting reel with at least a 20 lb monofilament line, rig your baitfish on a braided wire leader with a 2/0 to 6/0 single hook. Push the hook into the mouth of the fish until the end of the hook sticks out over the top of the baitfishes snout.
- To make the baitfish float, hook the fish through its back.
- Besides using a single hook, baitfish can also be ringed on a quick-strike rig that has a pair of double or treble hooks. If you get a strike, set your hook immediately.
10:28 am | by Terry
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.